1988 - 10th National Ford Mustang Convention
CMOC’s second National Ford Mustang Convention was hosted by the Canterbury Club in Christchurch in 1988.
- CMOC had gone into a decline after 1983 Convention due to many issues, and membership started to recover closer to 1988 Convention (40)
- 55 attendees, 30 from CMOC
- Redwood Tavern was the HQ and accommodation,
Pioneer Stadium again hosted the car show, and drags at Ruapuna on Sunday
- Notable CMOC attendees included Glen and Kathryn Martin, Ray and Gail Spencer, Martin van Elst, Ashley Smith, Dennis and Erica Phillips, Ric Phillips, Barry Fairbrass, all are still members today
- Ray and Gail won Best Fastback; Ric Phillips won 3rd in Best Notchback; Ashley Smith was 2nd in Best Convertible and 2nd in People’s Choice (the blue ‘64 he still owns).