1983 - 5th National Ford Mustang Convention
THE VERY FIRST - 1983 National Mustang club convention hosted by the Canterbury Mustang Owners Club in Christchurch.
- CMOC was less than 2 yrs old when planning began
- 60 attendees, 26 from Canterbury. 70 Mustangs on display. Strong NI interest, their first Convention in SI
- Comprehensive program including Pioneer Stadium car show, drags at Wigram, full scale awards presentation, dress up and dancing
- Warren Bruce’s ‘64 scooped People’s Choice,Best Paint and Best Engine. This Mustang subsequently owned by Ray and Gail Spencer
- Other notable attendees included Glen and Kathryn Martin, Colin Reed, and Robyn Quinn (Gifford)
The photo above shows some cars on a SI tour after convention. (Photos courtesy of James Gun of the Taranaki Mustang Club)